Sunday, October 20, 2013

It's Only Fair

There has been quite a lot of concern expressed over the unofficial start versus the official start of the walk and what date miles can be counted from. When the word first was sent out about the program, some Marines had already left to deploy to Afghanistan so I thought it would be okay to let people log their miles from that point in September.

Looking back, I was wrong to say that because it was known all along the program would officially start on October 1st. I am so sorry and I should have thought more carefully about the unofficial versus the official start date.

In an attempt to be fair, since the program officially started on October 1st, the miles should only be counted from that point forward. As suggested, I am going to keep the September miles and in the event of a tie, I will use those miles to determine the winning company.

I apologize and I know this might make some people angry but I do think it is fair to all participants involved to count only the miles logged from the official start date forward. I really hope you all can understand.

Once again, I am so sorry for any confusion and I should have thought about things more carefully. It is completely my fault. I everyone can understand why we will only be counting miles from October 1st forward. Thank you for your support and your kind words. I hope you all are enjoying yourselves and you keep on walking.

Please keep on sending your pictures! We love to see them!

No comments: